Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots are delicious, tender, and glazed in a sweet honey garlic butter sauce. Using simple pantry ingredients you'll have a delicious side dish in under 30 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, if you purchase through those links, I earn a small commission. Thank you! Read our disclosure policy here.
These honey garlic roasted carrots are cooked to tender perfection. It's a perfect side dish for your holiday table that everyone will devour and goes perfectly with my Garlic Herb Turkey Breast, Slow Cooker Honey-glazed Ham, or my Herb-Crusted Rib-Eye Roast.
Why this recipe works
Roasted honey garlic carrots are a cost-effective side dish and I always have a bag of carrots in my fridge as they last a while and are ready when I need them for a side to my Smothered Pork Chops. Roasting vegetables is my favorite way to make a tasty side dish, it always brings out the best flavor like my Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, and Roasted Cauliflower.
- Carrots: Large carrots peeled and cut into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Butter: Use salted or unsalted butter.
- Honey: Gives the carrots their extra added sweetness and allows them to caramelize into a delicious glaze.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic always adds the most flavor.
- Parsley: Fresh chopped parsley looks the best but driven parsley can be used in a pinch.
How to make honey garlic roasted carrots
- Step 1: Melt butter In a large oven-safe skillet and whisk in the fresh garlic and honey.
- Step 2: Toss carrots with the honey glaze garlic mixture until coated. Bake until fork tender.
- I like to use a cast iron skillet and then put it straight into the oven. If you don't have an oven-safe skillet transfer it to a baking dish.
- Try and keep your carrots the same size for even cooking, cut any large ones in half.
- I don't recommend using baby carrots they don't have as much flavor as whole carrots.
- Store leftover cooked carrots in an airtight container for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Keep an eye on them making sure they don't burn.
Yes, Making these honey garlic roasted carrots ahead of time, is a huge time saver. You can reheat them in the microwave or a 300-degree oven for 15 minutes.
I peel my carrots but it's just personal preference, you certainly don't have to just give them a good scrub.
Yes, you can just allow them to thaw first to reduce the extra water. Frozen carrots are blanched so they are a bit softer than regular carrots and may need less time to roast.
Roasted honey carrots only take about 25 minutes to roast, but it certainly depends on how large you have cut your carrots. I recommend if they are really thick cut them in half.
No problem, just melt the butter, garlic, and honey in a skillet, place the sliced fresh carrots into a single layer in a baking dish or baking sheet and pour the honey glaze over the top, and toss until coated. Bake according to the directions.
Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots cut into 3 inch pieces
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a oven safe skillet melt butter. Add in honey and garlic and whisk until combined.
- Add in carrots and toss to coat, sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are fork-tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.