White chicken chili is hearty and delicious. A nice twist on traditional chili yet creamy with plenty of spice!
Chicken chili is flavorful made with hearty beans, chicken, and a creamy broth. The flavors blend so well together, loaded with all your favorite toppings.
We love this white chicken chili and I love that’s it’s a quick and easy meal. It’s made in one pot making clean up a breeze!
How should I store this chili?
Store white chicken chili in the refrigerator for 3-4 days, reheat in the microwave or stovetop.
Can I freeze this white chicken chili?
Yes, it freezes beautifully! Cool completely and place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Tips on making white chicken chili.
- You can make your own half n half by adding ½ whole milk and ½ heavy whipping cream.
- If you like more of a kick to your chili add in a pinch of red chili flakes.
- Rotisserie chicken or leftover roast turkey also works well in this recipe.
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Chips
What can I serve with white chicken chili?
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 medium-large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 medium-large stalks celery, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 7 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ( 7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup frozen white corn, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Melt the butter in a 5-quart pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion and celery and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the garlic and jalapeno, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the flour and cook for another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and bring up to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken, beans, green chilies, corn, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, dried oregano, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the half and half. Stir in the lime juice, and then the cilantro.
- More salt and pepper to taste
- Serve warm with any toppings you like.
Rotisserie chicken or leftover roast turkey also works well in this recipe.
Canned green chilies add a nice background flavor without adding a lot of heat to this dish. They are optional in this recipe.
Amount Per Serving Calories 377Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 82mgSodium 864mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 21g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on butteryourbiscuit.com should only be used as a general guideline.